Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

Troy and I had a busy Labor Day Weekend! We usually try and take a vacation over 3 day weekends, but this time we decided to stay home and relax. Although we didn't do much relaxing, we still had a lot of fun. I'm proud of Troy for hanging in there, he's not one to make a bunch of plans, but somehow that's how it ended up.



* Friday

We both got home from work and headed out to Grantsville for a birthday party. Troy's cousin, Ryen, has a daughter (Maddie) who turned 6. Although he's technically not an uncle to her, he is still called Uncle Troy. They had a slip 'n slide out, a BBQ and present opening.

From there, we drove from Grantsville to South Jordan to play in a little Texas Hold 'Em tournament with some of Troy's recovery friends. It was also a birthday party for our friend, John Michael (a.k.a. JM) There were about 15 people and I stayed in the game, I think I may have taken 7th place. Not too shabby! Even Troy went out before me. That's a first!


* Saturday

Troy's favorite place to eat these days is Colosimo's in Sandy, right down the street from us. He had heard that they were closing the deli (panic!) so we ate lunch for one of the last times there. I had my usual Turkey Cran-Pesto Panini and Troy had his usual Spicy Italian Sausage Sandwich. Yum! I made some steak for dinner and then hung out for the rest of the night at home. We finished the last episode of Dexter, season 2. It's currently our favorite t.v. show. I was bummed that it ended, I can't wait until season 3 starts on Sept. 28th!

* Sunday
We did some much needed cleaning in our condo and thus reduced the amount of allergy induced sneezing for the next couple of days. We belong to the Massage Envy club, and had some massages we needed to use before they expired. We took advantage and booked a 2 hour massage. It was heaven!

Troy came home and immediately layed down for a nap, and I started baking cookies for our get together later that night. We drove out to Tooele in the crazy rain storm and hung out with our friends, Josh and Brittany. We were going to BBQ, but due to the rain we baked a take home pizza, played with the kids and dog and watched a movie.

* Monday

Every year Troy's sponsor, Kim has a BBQ for all of his sponsees and their sponsees. Troy also plays in a band with Kim and 3 other people, so they had a little gig this day. I still don't know if they've come up with a name for their band yet. They were so fun to watch! It's neat to hear Troy play with other people, he is always serenading me solo when we're at home. I've included some pictures and a video clip below.












After the BBQ Troy went to hang out with an old buddy and apparently they watched the new "Rambo". DANG! I missed out (I say sarcastically..) I ended up going bowling with some of mine and Troy's recovery friends for yet ANOTHER birthday party. I bowled pretty well for not bowling in a couple of years. I was worried about throwing my back out again (I was in pain with a herniated disc for 5 months). It didn't start bothering me until the very end of the game, so I stopped. It's been a subtle pain since, but I've managed it with stretches and ibuprofen. I hope it doesn't get worse!

* Tuesday:

This is the end of our 3 day weekend and back to work. Except we didn't go directly back to work, we had a dentist appointment for an exam and cleaning in the morning. Troy said he's glad to be back at work to get away from his vacation, it would be more relaxing! We all know he's not serious, though. I think.....

3 comments:

Cameron's Corner said...

Are you sure you wanna have kids? We've had the first disc of Dexter Season 2 at our house for over a week. We can't find the time to sit down and watch it.

Sigh.

Quela said...

Sounds like a nice fun and relaxing weekend.

P.S. Love massages, love the rides at disneyland, love christmas music, love decorating easter eggs, love the game show network(it's probably a good thing I don't have it) and lingo, Love Jude Law and Matthew McConaughey. Just thought you'd like to know...

Just Me said...

And you have another busy weekend planned this weekend, si? Not sure if I'll make it tomorrow for sure or not. I'll let you know what I figure out.