Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Guilty Pleasures

Per wikipedia, a guilty pleasure is known as something one considers pleasurable despite feeling guilt for enjoying it. Most of the time it is completely nerdy. Here are some of mine:



* I love riding kid rides at Disneyland. The ones I am talking about are the
ones based on movies: Snow White, Pinocchio, Peter Pan and Mr.Toad's Wild Ride. When I went there for my honeymoon, I made Troy ride them all with me. He looked at me as if I were joking. How could you not enjoy going to hell in the Mr. Toad ride? And yes, I had to include pictures of each ride that I love. Good stuff!









* I love gossip magazines. I don't know why it's so interesting to see
who wears what to the Oscars and what Brangelina's
twins look like, but it is. This is my reading material
when I fly anywhere, I make sure I have at least 2 or
3 to keep me entertained!








* I am a big fan of cheesy late 70's and early 80's love songs. To name a few: Lady in Red by Chris DeBurgh, Hello by Lionel Richie, I Want to
Know What Love Is by Foreigner, If You Don't Know Me By Now by Simply Red, Faithfully by Journey, Sailing by Christopher Cross, etc. etc.






* I get excited to decorate Easter Eggs and listen to Christmas music the
whole month of December. I don't like the country versions or when Mariah Carey sings "All I Want for Christmas is You". Blech. I'm talking Nat King Cole, Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, and instrumental. I also love to use a white crayon and write something on the egg before dipping it into the color. It makes for a fun surprise for everyone!


* I love the Game Show Network. I could watch it for hours. Troy and
I can be seen watching Lingo and Who Wants to Be a Millionaire re-runs
frequently.




* I don't know if this next one counts, but it is so nerdy that I have to put it in here. I used to LOVE Star Trek growing up. It started in about 7th grade and went into about 10th grade. I even went to 2 Star Trek conventions. I loved it all, even the old ones with Captain Kirk. I don't care for it now, but I probably would sit through an episode if I saw it on t.v.

4 comments:

Just Me said...

Honestly, Katie- it kinda freaks me out that we are so alike. My favorite rides are the dumb slow character rides. Like on the Peter Pan one when you fly in the air over the town with all the sparkly lights underneath you? Gets me every time.
And I could watch GSN for days. In fact, sometimes I do.
One more for you- do you love carving pumpkins? That's one that I get extremely excited about, too. :)

Katie M. said...

I love the Peter Pan ride! It's only 2 minutes long and the line is usually at least an hour, but it's worth it!

I like to carve pumpkins, but HATE scooping out the insides. It grosses me out!

LT said...

Great. Now everyone knows I married a trekky. My social life is over. Thanks a lot wife. :)

Brandice said...

Katie when you say: "I get excited to decorate Easter Eggs and listen to Christmas music the whole month of December."... does that mean you get excited to decorate easter eggs the whole month of December? If you do, then it gives me a common leg to stand on when I tell your big brother to back off about celebrating the 4th of July year-round in our house.