Monday, August 18, 2008

Summer Cold

This posting won't be very fun. I don't have much energy to post something more interesting, though. I woke up Sunday morning with a sore throat. Now I'm used to having allergies, this only developed in the last year, and it's when I'm around my cats and dust. I have never experienced a sore throat, though, when my allergies are acting up.

I kind of layed low yesterday, my nose raw from blowing it every second and sucking on cough drops. Nate asked me if I wanted to go see a movie, I thought it would be nice to get out of the house. We went and saw "You Don't Mess With the Zohan" at the dollar movies, which was funnier than I thought it would be.

When it came time to go to bed, I fell asleep pretty quickly after taking Sudafed. I woke up every hour to cough and attend to my runny nose. It was inevitable, I wasn't going to be able to work the next day. So I called in sick today, slept until 2pm and now am blogging while drinking my Thera Flu. I don't get sick that often, so I'm allowed to complain every now and then!

3 comments:

JoRae aka Lolae said...

Being sick sucks rocks. I hope you feel better, make sure to milk all the sympathy out of that husband of yours.

Katie M. said...

Thanks JoRae! Feeling much better today. The husband has been taking good care of me :)

Mike Bringhurst said...

Yeah, sick blogs are fun. Thanks for sharing and I'm not sure why I didn't blog about my strep throat last week, it would have been the best. Coughy, sneezy, sore throat, congestion is way silly and fun, too bad you didn't have diarhea then it would have been super awesome.

love ya